Monday 26 September 2011

I Dreamed a Dream

Well, if it isn't the start of the school...again. It's normal to dread this feeling of starting school especially after an amazing holiday! So please do not feel guilty! However, be as positive as possible because it actually just marked a milestone in our goal. That very main goal you have set for yourselves when you came to this school, to get that paper and experience you needed to excel in this industry.


Looking back at my goals, I've learnt to set it SMART! Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely. However, most often or not, theory is still a theory. Reality is often a fabricated layer over them. Easier said than done right?! But in my opinion, having goals is better than not having ANY at all. It is like you are planning to fail... You know that cliche line, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!" You just got to agree with this.


Personally, I feel that I did manage to attain some goals I've set since I started this course back in Singapore under Singapore Institute of Management (SIM). PDP III, it totally opened up my horizons in terms of how I think. I know I think rather different than most of my peers, mostly owing to my family background. It kind of forces me to 'mature' faster than I wish to. I think it is rather often we hear people saying that they felt lost, they do not know what are they doing in life. Trust me, I do have that feeling at times, but at the end of the day, you will figure it out sooner or later. So do not panic.


I was having this chat with a couple of my friends. They pointed out this theory, humans are never contented. By this we meant that when they are studying, they miss working. When they are working, they miss studying. Just like when I was in Singapore, I hated to be around there. Now that I'm out, I wish I'm back there with my family. We always have a different dream when we finally achieved one of them. I used to think, "So what happens when I fly here?" Dream number 1. FULFILLED! Now let's think about dream number 2. It just continues down the road forever and ever.


What pushes me forward is when I get to achieve these dreams. Trust me, it is addictive! That sense of satisfaction can be overwhelming. So why not start setting that dreams of yours now? Take life's positive drugs - dreams! Get addicted to achieving them!

No comments:

Post a Comment