Thursday 8 September 2011

Reflections

"I think" and "What if", these are just few of the questions you will usually ask when you are reflecting. As the school term enters the mid-semester break, I can't help but to reflect on my achievements and experiences in IMI during this period of time. (Still rather jam-packed with school work, but oh well, EVERYBODY NEEDS A BREAK RIGHT?)

So far, I have never regretted in making the choices that led me to where I am now. Ok, maybe a few small ones, but in general, I stand for the choices I've made.

Point is that, today's last lecture given by Mr John Perry, one of my favorite lecturer for one of my favorite  modules, mentioned about the need to constantly reflect on ourselves, especially when we are going to become future managers of this industry. How critical on ourselves are we reflects our work attitudes and our mindset. As the more privileged kid out of the family, I am given a chance to study abroad and experience this education that not many will ever experience in their lifetime. It is so important to me that I take this 'investment' my family has put in me as serious as possible and do them proud. It is always good to do someone proud and be someone's pride. In my case, I want to become my family's pride!

This experience that I'm in right now, is going to serve me a lifetime. Why not make the best of it right? So I took up this position as a student blogger. Secretly, I've always wanted to be an inspiration to people. I thought what a better way than to convey my thoughts through a student blog, so hopefully students in the school reads it and feels inspired and then it starts a chain reaction and he or she spreads that inspiration. It's like paying it forward basically.

Another greatest decision I've made this week that I felt rather life-changing is that I took up the position as a President of the Student Representative Council. Frankly speaking, I'm stressed to the max, however, I've always believe in stress as a form of motivation to excel! Through this position, I have literally increased my opportunities to excel to another level if you view it from the stress factor. Coupled with the dissertation and the projects that I have to balance with, it is quite amazing I'm still blogging right now. I'm amused at myself too. However, please don't think that I give bad quality work. Never believed in doing something half-heartedly. 

Pardon me if I have rumbled on too much but I think we all need that little reminder in life on why we are doing what we are doing. So what's your reason for doing what you are doing right now? Challenge yourselves and make decisions. Make mistakes, who cares! We are still in school. It is our testing ground for our future.

I would like to share a wisdom with you guys.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the judgement that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment